National Operations Manager
We are currently recruiting for a National Operations Manager to join our expanding management team. You would be responsible for the proactive management and supervision of the daily operational aspect of the business reporting directly to the Group General Manager.
Work Area Radius:
Labour Supply Sector:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The day to day management and supervision of all operative activity.
- Budgets, to include stock and wages
- Managing health and safety, COSHH in line with method statements and risk assessments
- All operative resource functions
- Assisting Group General Manager where required
- Training and development of all operatives
- Operative recruitment, development, support, performance and attendance in line with company subcontractor policies.
- Working with and providing supervision of operatives while managing all other company cleaning activities.
- Monitor company performance according to agreed standards and take appropriate action to maintain and improve those standards to meet clients requirements.
- Develop and maintain a positive and constructive working relationship within our client portfolio.
- Manage operative’s attendance, appearance, timekeeping and work performance, taking appropriate action where required under the relevant company policies and procedures.
- Carry out weekly quality audits with office administration team, ensuring all company reporting procedures are being met.
- Produce oral and written reports, as required, for the office administration team.
- Attend all new or major contracts.
- Ensure all machinery and chemicals are used according to company and legal Health and Safety requirements
- Manage transfer, repair or replacement of machinery and equipment, maintaining asset register accordingly.
- Ensure all company vehicles/fuel cards are used according to company and legal requirements. Carry out weekly vehicle audits and manage correct frequency of service while ensuring continuity of cleaning delivery.
- Contribute towards continued growth and development of company.
- Identify, manage and deliver practical training and co-ordination of all training needs of operatives.
- Control of contractor rates set by Group General Manager
- Stock control
- Develop and maintain effective two-way communications with the client, operatives, office, subcontractors and associated service providers.
- Recruit the highest possible calibre operatives to fill vacancies, personally monitor all applications for authenticity and seek and obtain references. Ensure all employee documentation is processed correctly.
- Previous experience within a similar service environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – demonstrate the ability to communicate and influence at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to complete and maintain company documentation accurately.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate team leadership skills and the ability to contribute as an effective team member within the Management Team.
- Experience of working with a range of computer packages eg excel, word.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals/COSHH/RAMS
- Able to be flexible to with working hours to meet the needs of the business including working away nationally.
- Smart appearance
- Able to demonstrate planning and organisational skills
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Self motivated and enthusiastic-with the ability to motivate your team.
- Able to be flexible with working hours to meet the needs of the business
- Over 25 and hold a current UK driving License
Application to be made in the 1st instance via Email to: [email protected]